Thursday, July 19, 2007

My last matsuri. :(

Tonight and tomorrow (all day) is one of the summer festivals in Chichibu. It is for the children of the town, so I ran into pretty much every one of my students tonight. It was good, since tomorrow is my last day. I will miss these kids more than I realize.

There are also a lot of beautiful floats...pictures don't really do them justice. You have to hear the banging of the taiko drums and the chanting of the people on the floats to get the real feel. Come to Japan!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.usImage Hosted by ImageShack.us

Later that evening...
Image Hosted by ImageShack.usImage Hosted by ImageShack.usImage Hosted by ImageShack.usImage Hosted by ImageShack.usImage Hosted by ImageShack.us

The floats at Chichibu Shrine.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

This is where they house the floats. They are all over Chichibu.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I ran into Joey and Juliana (English teachers, but not JETs) and their 6 month old twin babies. Cute.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Some of the students I ran into...at least the ones who didn't run from the camera.
They look so grown up in out of their uniforms.

I can always count on these boys to be willing to take pictures...Keigo, Daichi, and Retsu.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

My volleyball girls.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Me, Ryo (former Killer Kid), and his "girlfriend" Kaori (who is also my student.) I ADORE Ryo. I know his life story now and he hasn't had it easy. He has a heart of gold though. One of those kids I'll remember 20 years from now.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

More pictures to come...another day of festivities tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home