Sunday, July 08, 2007

Chichibu "P" Party and MORE purikura

So, us Chichibu people decided to host another party in our wonderful town. A lot of people came out for it, and it was a nice way to 'go out with a bang' since 7 of the 9 of us are leaving.
This was a "P" party, which means everyone must dress up as something that starts with the letter "P". Apparently this is a popular theme among frat and sorority parties, but I wouldn't know about that. It was a good idea though. People can be pretty damn creative.
Here are a few pictures that I took (I wasn't too camera happy this time around), but I will post more as people send them to me.

Our invitation...drawn by the talented Justin C.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Liz, who came as Princess Diana.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

David, who came as a panther in pajamas.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Teddy, who stole the show as Prince. I had the honor of drawing on the goatee and chest hair (with the help of Justin B.)
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Jen, who came pregnant and Danielle, who came as the Pacific Ocean.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Prashant, who came as a pirate.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Mark, who came as a pet phlying squirrel. Seriously, this guy is like seven feet tall...I have no idea how he found this costume in Japan.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Wendy, as the Prom Queen (she had a prom king with her, but I didn't get a picture of him) and Yuki, who came as a party crasher???
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Elena, as Punky Brewster and Shiho, as Pooh.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Mike and Chasna, who came as prisoners.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Chris...grrr...as Professor Indiana Jones. Everyone had fun with that whip.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Julie, who came as a Parisian maid.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

And my personal favorite...Justin C., who came pants-less. I was talking to him and asked him, "What are you supposed to be?" He responded by looking down. I didn't even notice he wasn't wearing pants. Hey...he is tall and I am fairly tall...I wasn't at the right level. Hilarious.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

The party ended late and I got home with my house guests around 4:30am. The sun was coming up already.
Woke up at 9:00am to meet some people for breakfast. I didn't take a shower, didn't wash my face, pulled my hair up, and away I went with Chasna and Liz to the Skylark Restaurant. There was about 12 or so people at breakfast in total and it was a good time, although we were all half-asleep. At the same time, Chichibu was having a festival (surprise, surprise). Most of the out-of-towners left after breakfast, but Elena and I decided to go check out the festival. It was cool. We had the brilliant idea of doing a "morning after the wild night partying" purikura photo session where we looked half-dead. Of course, we got up to the store and half of the floor is filled with Elena's and my students. We ended up doing pictures with two of her students and then three of my third graders wanted to do pics with me as well. Good thing I didn't shower!
Here are some of the pictures.

Me looking at Elena lovingly and her two students.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

My three students and me.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.usImage Hosted by ImageShack.us

Elena and I headed back towards our houses around 2:30. I took a shower and met Lynnette to head back to the festival. We decided that we should do purikura too...but at a different store.
Here are the pictures from that session...keep in mind that this is the same day as the ones above. Ha.

And also keep in mind that we are both 27. :) But it's okay because it is Japan.

Sorry...had to make this one big because it cracks me up. Normally, purikura machines give you a time limit when you are decorating. This machine did not. So, we were able to mess around. Fun. I give credit to Lynnette for this one. I had nothing to do with it. :)
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Some more of Lynnette's handiwork.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

More random shots.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.usImage Hosted by ImageShack.usImage Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.usImage Hosted by ImageShack.usImage Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

It's strictly platonic...I swear.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home