Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Oh...these kids!

Tuesday, the 17th, was my last day at Arakawa Higashi Elementary School. Call me a "softy", but I almost shed a tear...but not really. The kids are just so damn cute and they actually care about learning English (because it only starts getting boring in junior high school.) The kids were hanging on me all day. Some of them were teary-eyed, but no one cried...thank goodness. I got a lot of letters and Jamie-sensei drawings though. But my teachers had a goodbye "ceremony" for me and many of them were pretty damn upset, which was kind of touching since I am only at that school once a week. They gave me a big ol' bouquet of roses and then they realized that I ride my SCOOTER to work. They strapped them in good and they made it home in one piece.

Me and one of the 4th grade classes.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Me and one of the 5th grade classes.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Some of my silly first graders (who I taught in Kindergarten) and three of my fifth grade boys.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

One of my first graders...she is kind of clingy and like to "touch." She is cute, even if she drives me bonkers.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Funniest picture ever. He was really happy until the two girls came in and started hanging on him and oogling him. Apparently, he is one sought after first grader.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Today I also took some random pictures at junior high today. Only one and half more days left with these guys. I'll miss these kids the most...my second years (8th grade equivalent.)

Lunch in room 2A
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

The actual lunch...it was ramen.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Katsuya...a.k.a "Rice Boy." He accidently flicked rice on me during lunch last year. I have never forgiven him.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Shunsuke...I want to squeeze this kid. He is too precious.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Naoki
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Asami and Rice Boy.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I don't know this kid's name actually. Most of the kids just refer to him as "crazy." Apparently he has some problems...but he has been a good kid for me.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Lately, I usually help my 2nd years clean during cleaning time. They always come up with random English stuff and crack me up, so they are the more entertaining of the lot.

LOSER!
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

They also like to see how high they can jump. They kind of run and jump against the wall and push themselves off. I started taking pictures and when the realized they looked like "Spiderman" climbing up the wall, I ended up taking about 20 jumping pictures. Here are a few.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.usImage Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home